Frequently Asked Questions
Faculty of Engineering is located in Kota Samarahan Sarawak, 15.2 km from Kuching International Airport.
Faculty of Engineering has for departments
1. Department of Civil Engineering
2. Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
3. Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
4. Department of Chemical Engineering and Energy Sustainability
The Faculty of Engineering offers six programmes for undergraduates
1. BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering
2. BEng (Hons) in Electronics (Telecommunications)
3. BEng (Hons) in Electronics (Computer)
4. BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronics
5. BEng (Hons) in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
6. BEng (Hons) in Chemical Engineering
1. A Bachelor degree with at least CGPA of 2.75, Second Class Upper Honours, or equivalent from an approved university in an area relevant to the candidate’s area of research or study; or
2. Other equivalent qualifications as set by the Faculty and approved by the Senate
3. For international students, a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL equivalent
1. A Master degree with a good pass from an approved university in an area relevant to the candidate’s proposed area of research.
2. Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate or be;
3. Registered in a Master Program in UNIMAS and with approval from the Senate for conversion to a Doctoral programme.
4. For international students, a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL equivalent.
1. In certain cases, admission to a Master or Doctoral programme may be conditional. Confirmation of candidature is subjected to a review of progress within a specified period of time as stated in the letter of offer.